Is the barn licenced for ceremonies?
Yes, the barn is licenced for ceremonies, which are magical in front the large window overlooking the marsh. The Linhay, which is the open barn in the courtyard, is also licenced if you would like to get married outside.
Do you charge corkage?
No, you are free to bring in your own alcohol for your guests during the daytime. We do run a licensed bar in the evening however this can be extended throughout the daytime should you wish.
Can we use our own caterers?
We want to offer you a stress free experience so our fabulous in-house catering team will tailor a menu to your taste and budget. They will take care of all the fine details-one less supplier to deal with!
What is the capacity?
We can have 200 people at each event. We suggest that 150 is the maximum to be seated comfortably. Please note that as the barn is in the amazing location of the middle of a National Nature Reserve, additional evening guests are limited to avoid disturbance to the wildlife by additional night-time traffic.
Can we have live music?
Yes, we love bands! Live music is welcome in the barn and outside in the courtyard and we have no sound limiters
Can we camp?
To remove the stress of ordering a taxi late at night and to allow you more time with your friends a family we have our optional Wedding Bell Tent Village for your guests to enjoy a glamping weekend here. 4m Canvas tents with comfy beds, soft linen and a breath-taking view. Wake up and share a BBQ breakfast feast and continue the celebrations with your nearest and dearest
What time is the hire until?
The hire runs from 11.30am the day before your wedding through until 1pm the day after. On your special day Kingshill Barn will be closed at 00.30 so the bar and music stops at midnight. Guests who are staying onsite are welcome to stay up around the fire pit until dawn!
Do we do the clear up?
Our fabulous team will take care of all of the clear up leaving you to spend more time with your loved ones
Are chairs and tables included?
We have tables and chairs for 150 guests, both round and rectangular. We can recommend good suppliers if you would like to hire additional or alternative furniture.
Is power available?
Yes, we are actually an off-grid site (not linked up to mains electricity). The farm is powered by a hi-tec and highly efficient solar and battery system and is backed up by 42kva generator system. On sunny days your entire wedding can be powered through the solar!
What does the hire of Kingshill Barn include?
- Exclusive use of Kingshill Farm which sits in the middle of the 3,300 acre Elmley National Nature Reserve. This runs from 11.30am the Friday before your wedding, until 1pm the Sunday after your wedding
- Unique and award-winning on-site accommodation, sleeping up to 38 guests for 2 nights
- The use of the Kingshill Barn or The Linhay for a legal marriage ceremony or other areas around Kingshill farm for a blessing
- Capacity for up to 200 guests in total with space to seat up to 150 guests in Kingshill Barn for your Wedding Breakfast
- Guidance during your planning process including liaising directly with suppliers, our carefully curated recommended suppliers list, prearranged access for meetings and viewings in the run up to your wedding for planning and supplier viewings, on the day coordination and clear-up after the wedding
- Reclaimed wooden bar for the evening: Our licenced bar is fully staffed and stocked with a range of
- No corkage fee for your daytime
- Use of the beautiful Elmley National Nature Reserve for your wedding photographs
- Fire pit and dedicated area for residential guests staying on Saturday. Seating area, marshmallow station and most importantly-no curfew!
- Use of various furniture