Is the barn licenced for ceremonies?
Yes, the barn is licenced for ceremonies, which are magical in front the large window overlooking the marsh. The Linhay, which is the open barn in the courtyard, is also licenced if you would like to get married outside.
Do you charge corkage?
No, you are free to bring in your own alcohol for your guests during the daytime. We do have a licensed bar, we run in the evening however this can be extended throughout the daytime should you wish.
Can we use our own caterers?
We have a large range of caterers to suit all tastes and budgets you can choose from our suppliers list.
What is the capacity?
We can have 200 people at each event. We suggest that 150 is the maximum to be seated comfortably. Please note that as the barn is in the amazing location of the middle of a National Nature Reserve, additional evening guests are limited to avoid disturbance to the wildlife by additional night-time traffic.
Can we have live music?
Yes, we love bands! Live music is welcome in the barn and outside in the courtyard.
Can we camp?
We set-up a bell tent village for your guests to enjoy a glamping weekend here. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to allow guests to pitch their own tents.
What time is the hire until?
The barn will be closed at 00.30 so the bar and music stops at midnight. Guests who are staying onsite are welcome to stay up around the fire pit until dawn!
Do we do the clear up?
No! With our support, it is up to you to do the fun bits, the planning and the decoration but we will clear-up after the wedding, whilst you relax and recover! We do ask that caterers and suppliers remove their waste.
Are chairs and tables included?
We have tables and chairs for 150. We can recommend good suppliers if you would like to hire additional or alternative furniture.
Is power available?
Yes, we are actually an off grid site (not linked up to mains electricity). The farm is powered by a hi-tec and highly efficient 42kva generator system with solar and battery packs. On sunny days your entire wedding can be powered through the solar!
What does the hire of Kingshill Barn include?
- Exclusive weekend hire of Kingshill Farm, to include a full day to set-up and use of the venue on the day after for a smaller brunch until 1pm
- Exclusive use of Kingshill Barn, adjacent walled courtyard and The Linhay (open barn) for the day and evening of your wedding, for up to 200 guests.
- The use of Kingshill Barn or The Linhay for a marriage ceremony or blessing.
- Unique accommodation on-site plus the option of a pop-up bell tent village for a festival experience, to sleep up to 114 guests.
- Use of the beautiful National Nature Reserve for wedding photographs.
- Tables and chairs for 150
- Kitchen space for caterers
- Permanent toilets
- Use of licensed bar (we don’t charge corkage for the daytime).
- Large car park
- Use of 42KVA generator with power sockets inside and outside the barn
- Several drinking water points for caterers inside and outside the barn
- Festoon and fairy lights
- Vintage tractor
- PA system
- Straw bale seating area and fire pit for guests staying on-site
- Event support: to include planning guidance, suppliers list, support on the day and clear-up after the event.