Experience Elmley from a beautiful bell tent
The simplicity of traditional canvas combined with thoughtful and stylish touches offers a relaxing escape into nature like nothing else. We have five delightfully furnished tents, each situated in its own beautiful spot on the Reserve. Come, unwind, sleep in comfort and wake up to wilderness. Available for July, August and September. All tents are suitable for families or friends & couples, or come on your own for a peaceful and rejuvenative break.
|The Bell Tents are now closed for 2020, but we hope to released 2021 information soon.|
Choose from our Meadow Tents or the Woodland Tents. The three Meadow Tents face east across the Nature Reserve, so guests wake up to beautiful sunrises and spectacular views across the marsh. The two Woodland tents are tucked in our magical little woodland, a haven for butterflies and dragonflies, little owls and woodpeckers. Woodland Tents have views across the reserve to the estuary. All tents make the most of the space and wild of Elmley, and are settled well-apart so every guest has peace and privacy along with plenty of space to run or wander.
The tents are thick canvas traditional bell tents. They are a roomy five metre diameter, with space to stand, but are still cosy for chillier evenings. The tents have a proper double beds on hand crafted wooden bases. They are made-up with luxury pillows & duvets and soft white linen. The tents have a thick coir matting floor, along with rugs, hot water bottles, lanterns and furniture.
Each tent has its own charcoal bbq, individual camping gas stove, along with a kettle, cooking tools, and camping crockery, cutlery and glassware There is a large shared washing up sink. Charcoal and matches are provided, along with marshmallows, muesli, tea, and proper coffee.
There are plenty of loos around the site for your use, along with three lovely hot camping showers. Towels and Bramley products for your use are provided in your tent.
What else is there?
You also have use of a large shared fire pit with hay bale seating. And the beautiful Victorian barn, with electric points, and incredible views from its window. It is a great space for hanging out and eating in if the weather isn't on your side.
Food and drink
Delicious home made breakfast, lunches and suppers, are available to order along with cocktails and barista coffees. All can be delivered to your tent or eaten in the barn. Our onsite shop offers drinks, ice creams and other essentials!
Children of all ages are very welcome. Travel cots are available free of charge. And our lovely team will happily share activity ideas for all ages. The tents are well spaced so, don't worry, other guests can snooze and read in peace!
What is there to do?
Relax, read and enjoy the view. Cycle through the reserve. Wildlife spot. Hang out on our private beach. Take a dip in the swimming pond. Or venture off the Reserve and explore Kent’s wonderful countryside.
Welcoming you safely
We are so enjoying being back open and welcoming guests again. Bookings are under flexible terms so you can arrange an escape into nature without any worries. Bookings made between 23.09.2020 and 10.12.2020 for stays made within the same period can be cancelled and refunded or amended within 24 hours of the start date of the stay.
Our accommodation is well spaced in nature to allow you to come and unwind amongst the wildlife. With 3,300 acres to explore social distancing is what we do best! There are a few changes, as the safety of you, your fellow guests and our team will always be the priority, so please be reassured we are taking our responsibility very seriously. These measures can be seen in full here.
- Masks are to be worn when moving around in indoor shared spaces
- All bar and food service is to table or accommodation only and we have an app if you prefer to order using this. Of course our friendly team will be very happy to meet and serve you in person from a distance.
- We have enhanced cleaning and hygiene protocols for accommodation changeovers and shared areas. This includes following strict hand washing guidance and having hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities available.
- Soft furnishings have been removed from huts (but if requested we'll happily give you cleaned & stored items)
- Check and check out times have been changed slightly to 4pm check in and 10am check out, this is so the accommodation can be aerated before our staff enter and to allow a good airing between guests. You are very welcome to enjoy the Reserve before and after your stay, and tea, coffee and cake will be available!
- There is optional self check in and check out. You may not see our team in person, but they will be there throughout your stay and can be contacted at all times by telephone
- Our team abide by social distancing at all times and we will ask all guests to do the same
- We will take symptoms very seriously in guests and staff and follow government self isolation guidelines
- The additional hygiene measures can impact the environment, so we have thought very carefully how to implement these with minimal additional environmental impact, so please read more on this here.
If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Best wishes, Gareth, Georgina and the Elmley team x
- The Reserve
- Stay at Elmley
- Events & Corporate
- Friends of Elmley Event - Hawk and Owl Trust Day - Sunday 6th May