Traditional Shepherd's Hut - Samphire
From the comfortable double bed soak in the sweeping vistas across the marsh, Swale Estuary and the mainland beyond. On a clear day you can see Whitstable. In winter spy rafts of wildfowl sheltering on Swale, and short-eared owls gliding over the ponds. This charming hut has a romantic, nostalgic feel with modern comforts for a very peaceful night’s stay. There is a full sized double bed, wood burning stove and ensuite bathroom.
|These are the average 2020 off-peak rates please enter your dates for an exact quote|
|Standard rate||£115 per night|
|3 nights or more||£90 per night|
|5 nights or more||£85 per night|
|Two night minimum stays on weekends|
In the Summer months, children can also stay with you. We can put up a lovely traditional canvas bell tent with bed and bedding next to the hut. Please just call 01795 664896 or email [email protected] to arrange.
This is glamping but who wants to run outside in their pyjamas? The hut has a lovely little ensuite with hot shower, eco (composting) loo, fluffy towels and gorgeous products by Bramley.
Home cooked food
If you don’t fancy cooking, just relax and we can deliver our scrumptious supper baskets and breakfast rolls to your hut door. All food is locally sourced and home-cooked.
Wrap up in the chunky woollen throws and toast marshmallows over Samphire’s cast iron fire pit, and watch the moonlight on the water in this wilderness hideout.
Wood burning stove
Enjoy a slower place of life with the wood burning stove and enjoy cosy cups of tea while you play scrabble in bed.
The design and development of this traditionally crafted shepherd’s hut is fully sustainable and complements our eco-friendly approach.
Welcoming you safely
We are so enjoying being back open and welcoming guests again. Bookings are under flexible terms so you can arrange an escape into nature without any worries.
Our accommodation is well spaced in nature to allow you to come and unwind amongst the wildlife. With 3,300 acres to explore social distancing is what we do best!
There are a few changes, as the safety of you, your fellow guests and our team will always be the priority, so please be reassured we are taking our responsibility very seriously. These measures can be seen in full here.
Masks are to be worn when moving around in indoor shared spaces
- We have enhanced cleaning and hygiene protocols for accommodation changeovers and shared areas. This includes following strict hand washing guidance and having hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities available.
- Check and check out times have been changed slightly to 4pm check in and 10am check out, this is so the accommodation can be aerated before our staff enter and to allow a good airing between guests. You are very welcome to enjoy the Reserve before and after your stay, and tea, coffee and cake will be available!
- There is optional self check in and check out. You may not see our team in person, but they will be there throughout your stay and can be contacted at all times by telephone
- Our team abide by social distancing at all times and we will ask all guests to do the same
- We will take symptoms very seriously in guests and staff and follow government self isolation guidelines
The additional hygiene measures can impact the environment, so we have thought very carefully how to implement these with minimal additional environmental impact, so please read more on this here.
If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Gareth, Georgina and the Elmley team x
- The Reserve
- Stay at Elmley
- Events & Corporate
- Friends of Elmley Event - Hawk and Owl Trust Day - Sunday 6th May