Bedrooms in Kingshill Farmhouse
We are very excited to offer our guests the chance to book an individual bedroom in Kingshill Farmhouse. A stay offers guests the intimacy and space of a stylish private house with the seclusion, comforts and special touches that make a beautiful stay away. All ensuite bedrooms are individually decorated with carefully sourced furniture, along with hot water bottles and Roberts Radios. Instead of TVs, all feature wonderful views over the Reserve whether from a roll top bath or comfortable beds. All 5 rooms are completely private and self-contained and are spread over the first and second floors. Downstairs the Georgian Farmhouse features a range of welcoming reception rooms, with vintage furnishings and artworks, and plenty of soft seating to cosy up in or soak up the huge views from. Guests can also enjoy the gardens that wrap round the house, as well as exporing the 3,300 acre Nature Reserve the Farmhouse sits in the heart of.
|Rates vary per room and date of stay, so please use the website or call 01795 664896 for an exact quote|
The Elmley Room
Situated in the Victorian North Wing of the Farmhouse. The Elmley Room features a spectacular views over the Swale Estuary and beyond from its dual aspect large sash windows. A stunning roll top bath sits underneath the window in the bedroom. The bathroom, accessed by a few steps, features a double rainfall shower - with a view, naturally - and a double basin. Contemporary four poster Kingsize bed.
The Pink Room
The cosy pink room has a super king size bed which looks straight out across the Reserve from the huge sash window. The bathroom with its gorgeous pink tiling and exposed brick work is behind a discreet partition (large rainfall shower). The Pink Room sits across the North Wing landing from The Elmley Room.
The Blue Room
On the first floor of the 18th Century wing of the house, The Blue Room is the room for cosying up in, with richly coloured interiors and exposed brickwork. The large bathroom has a roll top bath with a view and a large rainfall shower. Super king bed.
The Yellow Room
Often a favourite of house guests, the striking yellow room is gorgeous mix of swoon worthy interiors and rustic touches. The barn style sliding door reveals a spacious bathroom with double basin, rainfall shower and roll top bath under the window. Super king bed.
The Lookout occupies the second floor, accessed by its own staircase. The height gives the best views of the Reserve from the dormer windows and the calming interiors provide a tranquil space to escape with a superking bed. The bathroom is accessed via a private landing with snuggly seating, and has a shower over bath.
The Nest can be booked along with The Lookout to accommdate two additional guests in two comfortable single beds, making this a perfect option for an older family (babies from 0-2 and children 12+ are welcome) . Note: The Nest shares a bathroom with The Lookout. It is only available as an extra when booking The Lookout and will be closed off when not in use.
Eating and Drinking
Rooms enjoy a morning tea delivery service and a 'Kentinental' breakfast is included in the room rate. During the day guests have private use of the Farmhouse downstairs rooms and are welome to relax and soak up the views in cosy seating throughout the house. Locally sourced food and drinks are available throughout the day in The Linhay and Barn. Come the evening, the downstairs of Kingshill Farmhouse becomes an informal bar - guests can spread through the rooms and enjoy waited service of a curated selection of drinks and bar snacks. Supper is served in the Linhay and Barn. A short walk from the Farmhouse, these romantically rustic spaces are the original farm buildings, and offering a menu of simple, hearty dishes, put together with love using seasonal ingredients carefully sourced from the best of local producers.
Welcoming you safely
We are so enjoying being back open and welcoming guests again. Bookings are under flexible terms so you can arrange an escape into nature without any worries. Bookings made between 23.09.2020 and 10.12.2020 for stays made within the same period can be cancelled and refunded or amended within 24 hours of the start date of the stay.
Our accommodation is well spaced in nature to allow you to come and unwind amongst the wildlife. With 3,300 acres to explore social distancing is what we do best! There are a few changes, as the safety of you, your fellow guests and our team will always be the priority, so please be reassured we are taking our responsibility very seriously. These measures can be seen in full here.
- Masks are to be worn when moving around in indoor shared spaces
- All bar and food service is to table or accommodation only and we have an app if you prefer to order using this. Of course our friendly team will be very happy to meet and serve you in person from a distance.
- We have enhanced cleaning and hygiene protocols for accommodation changeovers and shared areas. This includes following strict hand washing guidance and having hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities available.
- Soft furnishings have been removed from huts (but if requested we'll happily give you cleaned & stored items)
- Check and check out times have been changed slightly to 4pm check in and 10am check out, this is so the accommodation can be aerated before our staff enter and to allow a good airing between guests. You are very welcome to enjoy the Reserve before and after your stay, and tea, coffee and cake will be available!
- There is optional self check in and check out. You may not see our team in person, but they will be there throughout your stay and can be contacted at all times by telephone
- Our team abide by social distancing at all times and we will ask all guests to do the same
- We will take symptoms very seriously in guests and staff and follow government self isolation guidelines
- The additional hygiene measures can impact the environment, so we have thought very carefully how to implement these with minimal additional environmental impact, so please read more on this here.
If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Best wishes, Gareth, Georgina and the Elmley team x
- The Reserve
- Stay at Elmley
- Events & Corporate
- Friends of Elmley Event - Hawk and Owl Trust Day - Sunday 6th May