A spacious, light filled cottage for group and family gatherings
The cottage enjoys sweeping views from the huge windows for wildlife and cloud watching. Elmley Cottage has just had a refurbishment and replaces Kingshill Cottage.
Upstairs: Bedroom 1: Superking which can convert into twins, with separate day bed for additional guest. With ensuite shower room. Bedroom 2: Kingsize bed nestled under the eaves. Bedroom 3: Twin room (can be converted to a superking - note this gives less movement around the room). Bedroom 4: Superking which can be converted to twins. Separate bathroom with shower over bath. Downstairs: Kingsize bedroom (bed against wall), this room can be used as an additional sitting room, study or playroom. bath/shower upstairs. Accessible shower room downstairs. All bathrooms are stocked with Bramley products.
Open plan coastal living
Enjoy the huge open plan kitchen, living and dining room. With a contemporary, coastal design, and beautiful furniture, this wonderful space provides a perfect place to gather with wonderful views out of the large windows. Fabulous range style cooker with plenty of pots and pans. TV with DVD. Books and games. Wi-Fi. A separate utility/boot room has a washing machine, dishwasher and plenty of space for muddy wellies and wet coats.
The relaxed and calming open plan space has been designed with gentle gatherings in mind. The central gas fire provides a warm heart to the space, whilst the windows to the marsh on three sides allow the views and call of birds to take centre stage. As well as being available for private rental the cottage also offers a hub to retreats at Elmley with space for 12 yoga mats.
Plenty of outside space
The house has plenty of outside space for BBQs and games. The Reserve wildlife including ducks and frogs in the ponds are your nearest neighbours. Children have the freedom and space to run around, but please be aware that the garden isn't fenced so they must be supervised.
Perfect for birdwatching
The house is in the middle of the Elmley National Nature Reserve so there is wonderful bird watching from all windows.
Families and groups
Children and babies are very welcome. Cots, high chairs, baby baths and toys and books - including a jumperoo - are available on request. The large living area with its nature reserve views is a great space for gatherings. Wi-fi available
Welcoming you safely
We are so looking forward to welcoming guests again from 4th July. Bookings are now open under flexible terms so you can arrange an escape into nature without any worries.
All our accommodation is well spaced in nature to allow you to come and unwind amongst the wildlife. With 3,300 acres to explore social distancing is what we do best!
Each accommodation has private cooking & eating facilities, huts and houses have private bathrooms and there are plenty of loos and showers for bell tent guests.
We are excited to welcome you as warmly as ever, and as always we will do all we can to make your stay wonderful. Our team will be onsite and available at all times for anything you need.
Whilst this Summer might be a little different, we're are so excited to offer you an incredible experience and escape into nature. We're opening up our secret beach, just for guests' use - and invite you to wild swim at this idyllic spot with sea shells galore.
We have developed a fantastic new food and drinks menu with local suppliers, including gorgeous Summer salads, cocktails and coffees - all of which can be safely delivered to your accommodation.
And later in the Summer, we'll be holding outdoor yoga sessions in the meadows.
There will be a few changes, as the safety of you, your fellow guests and our team will always be the priority, so please be reassured we are taking our responsibility very seriously. These measures can be seen in full here.
- We have enhanced cleaning and hygiene protocols for accommodation changeovers and shared areas. This includes following strict hand washing guidance and having hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities available.
- Soft furnishings have been removed from huts (but if requested we'll happily give you cleaned & stored items)
- Check and check out times have been changed slightly to 4pm check in and 10am check out, this is so the accommodation can be aerated before our staff enter and to allow a good airing between guests. You are very welcome to enjoy the Reserve before and after your stay, and tea, coffee and cake will be available!
- There is self check in and check out. You may not see our team in person, but they will be there throughout your stay and can be contacted at all times by telephone
- Our team abide by social distancing at all times and we will ask all guests to do the same
- We will take symptoms very seriously in guests and staff and follow government self isolation guidelines
The additional hygiene measures can impact the environment, so we have thought very carefully how to implement these with minimal additional environmental impact, so please read more on this here.
If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Gareth, Georgina and the Elmley team x
- The Reserve
- Stay at Elmley
- Events & Corporate
- Friends of Elmley Event - Hawk and Owl Trust Day - Sunday 6th May